It was a very hectic week with the nanny on vacation leave. It didn’t help that Baby Bear came down with the colds again (teething related, I think?) This weekend we will be staycationing at Hotel H2O with the family of My Yummy Mummy. My Yummy Mummy got us the aqua-themed room for a steal at Ensogo Philippines. We are excited for Baby Bear. I think she will enjoy looking at the fishies.
In preparation for the trip, we have to lug a lot of stuff again even though it’s just an overnight stay. I blogged about stuff to bring for Baby Bear before here, when the whole family went on a trip to El Nido, Lagen Island a month ago. I promised to blog about packing a First Aid Kit for Babies. I’m sharing with you my list. Take note that this list is specifically for babies 0-12 months old. Also, this list is tailor-fitted for Baby Bear as per her pedia’s recommendation. This only serves as a guide so it is still best to consult the final contents of your own First Aid Kit with your baby’s pedia.
1.) Ever-reliable Calpol for those emergency 38.8 fever.
2.) Multi-Vitamins for your growing baby.
3.) Ice Pack – for the darn bumps your active toddler gets from time to time.
4.) Thermometer – we use an ear thermometer
5.) Aceite Manzanilla – Precaution to kabag or stomach gas
5.) For Colds/Coughs:
- Sterimar Spray – Basically a saline solution sprayed 4x a day, twice per nostril.
- Pigeon Aspirator – I soooo hate doing this!
- Vapor Soove – Camphor-free baby Vicks
- Virlix – Needs a prescription from your pedia, it’s basically an antihistamine.
6.) Accidental Scrapes and Bruises:
- Band-Aids – The more colorful ones, the better. I use water proof band-aids by Next Aids 🙂
- Betadine – Everybody knows this product.
- Fucidin – To put on those itchy and painful boo-boos after.
8.) Glucolyte Plus – It comes in lots of fun flavors that would make rehydrating baby from diarrhea easier.
That’s about it, I guess. I might have some items missing since this is tailored to what Baby Bear only needs so don’t forget to consult with your pedia. As always, enjoy your trips with your family… it’s your chance to make good memories. So if you forget anything, don’t sweat it. There’s always a nearby drug store… unless you’re vacationing in some far-flung province or country. Have a happy weekend y’all! 🙂
- Have Baby, Will Travel (startupbabies.com)
- The Air You Breathe In This Room Is Sterilized (startupbabies.com)
- Counting Candles, Counting Memories (startupbabies.com)